Oct 19, 2012

Hooray for Harrison Cady...


Hello...Today I thought I would share some images from the talented Harrison Cady...



He is best known for his Peter Rabbit illustrations...in a comic strip and also later in books.



I love his colors and charming well-dressed little characters...



He collaborated with Thornton Burgess for many years.



All of the little fellows in his imagination were surely having fun...Just look at the little bird enjoying his frosty lemonade on top of the umbrella. I am now in the mood to make some bugs.



It appears as though Peter Rabbit is hosting a political rally and he is giving a "stump speech!" It must be interesting as a crowd has gathered.







I have spent the last few days accumulating these images on Google....and I have been cheerfully entertained.

I will definitely be on the lookout for his books. Hopefully you enjoyed my "story hour"...I have to get back to work as next week is the Atlanta Country Living Show


I will be exhibiting under the Earth Angels Tent...please come and join us...

Have "silly storybook" fun,   Jody

1 comment:

  1. I collect the Burgess books and have loved Cady’s illustrations!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...