Aug 28, 2011

Oops!...I forgot to tell you all that I was leaving town....

Hello again...I was in such a hurry before I left that I didn't inform you that I would be away from my magic typewriter for a while. I went to visit my family in the ChicagoLand  suburbs. My nephew Walter was leaving for Cornell University and I stayed with my sister's children and my Mother came to Jill's house to keep me company. Did you catch that sentence " Walter...Cornell?" Pretty impressive, huh? Now you will all think that I am a smarty-pants like Walt.

Here is Walter and his Dad Marty packing up the van. I did not take too many snapshots as this was a hectic and private affair. If any of you have sent any children off to school, you might get a kick out of this.

He will soon be strumming the Cornell Fight Song...High above Cayuga's waters.

This is my little sister Jill...Maybe she will practice and perform a duet with Walt. This is a difficult moment for Mothers...can you see the exhaustion, fear, sadness and most of all pride?

If you knew my sister...this would be a familiar sight. No, the snapshot is not out of focus...she just moves at warp speed. Have I mentioned that she has four children and tends to my Mother's needs?

This my Mother, Gloria. She was born in New York City but they moved to the Chicago area when she was a little girl. We took a sentimental journey past the house that she lived in for five years when she was ten years old. She regales me with her stories of how she rode up and down  the streets here in Clarendon Hills on her bicycle making mischief. She still makes mischief...just not on a bike.

We lunched at my brother's house one afternoon...This is Darlene, our hostess and my favorite sister-in-law. I moved away from Home in 1972...and we have never lived near any of my family members...so I can't begin to describe how meaningful it is for me to sit at a table surrounded by my family. We all love to laugh and have silly fun. Jamie....she is my other sister, sadly she wasn't with us this trip...we missed you.

Well...as Jill, Marty and Walt made their exit, I will also. Thank you for joining me on my happy visit. As you can see, I love my family very much. I will introduce you to my sons and husband shortly. They are more interesting than me...so hopefully it will be a sparky blog.

Have giggling with your family fun,   Jody, Gloria's grateful daughter


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jody,

    Sounds like you had a fabulous time and it's so great you got to spend time with family. Family is so important, now more than ever, I think. Not to rush you, but my birthday is coming up and I was wondering if you've thought of any kind of "circus" related characters to make that I may purchase. I would so love to own one of your creations as there is so much happiness in them.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your having a busy as a bee summer. Love your plane picture...I put it on pinterest. Caught the cloud details....see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody It sounds like you had a great time with your family. Tell Walt he'll love Ithaca...not only did I grow up there but I met my hubby there while he was going to Cornell. It is a beautiful place with a fantastic campus!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see your family again...I'm certain that they we so thrilled to have you for a spell...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...